Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How Could I Have Not Known About This Place?!

No one understands my need for sweets like my dear Jaimie. She is a girl after my own heart! So after a long week, we went out for a chick date on Friday night. Jaimie introduced me to a local favorite - The Sugar Bowl. Established in the fifties, this place is decked out in retro PINK and has a menu dedicated to dessert. Sure, there's a small section for lunch and dinner, but whereas a normal restaurant would have four pages dedicated to food and a small section for dessert, The Sugar Bowl is reversed. Can you say BLISS?? With so many options, I had trouble making a decision! The waiter had to come back twice to check on us - I take dessert seriously, folks. But I did finally settle on the brownie bliss sundae, which was no disappointment.


Oops, in our eagerness to dig into our delicious brownie sundaes, we forgot to take pictures of the presentation. There used to be a tower of whipped cream and a bright red cherry atop that mountain.
Preparing the perfectly balanced bite of brownie, vanilla ice cream, and chocolate fudge... Laugh if you want, but it takes concentration!

chocolate oozing masterpiece...

Mmmmmmmmm, there's no place like The Sugar Bowl, which left me wondering - Sweet Sugar Bowl, where have you been all my life?? And how could you have escaped my notice for the past five years?

3 comments:

Kevin and Erica said...

Lol... I love the last picture, it's priceless. When I come out we will definetly have to go there ;)

Carrie said...

That place is in my old stomping grounds (where I grew up) We used to go there after high school football games :) YUMMY ... it's a fun spot!!!

Cheryl Licht said...

Sounds like my kind of place! :-) I love my sugar too, if it's not in the form of dessert, I'll take it in spoon fulls. I remember Erica catching me on occassion with my spoon in the sugar bowl.

You look pretty serious about eating that. I'm glad you discovered such a blissful place.