Saturday, May 2, 2009

Ah Sweet Tresses!

It's official, Isaac has had his first haircut! Sure I've trimmed his hair a little here and there, but this time we pulled out the big guns. And he braved it like a champ! ... With the help of Sally Hausen and Mommy buzzing like a bee to similate the clippers while Daddy guarded Isaac from doing any crafty maneuvers to spin off of the countertop or get his eye poked out.

It ended up a little shorter than I anticipated, so I actually found myself mourning the loss of his beautiful tresses. I might have said along the way, "What have I done??" But the good news is.... it'll grow back! Kevin had to assure me before I shed a tear over it. It was a good decision because Isaac's hair was becoming very unruly. He just has too cute of a face to frame it with the untameable quaff it had become.

And yes, of coure I'm keeping those sweet tresses! They are already preserved in a ziplock bag marked with the date. :)

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Love the new do!

alan & krysten said...

nice shirt too :)they make little sizes! I remember yours

Ed and Christy Millard said...

so sweet... i haven't given kenna a haircut and she's over 1 now! if only that girl could grow some hair!!

Tia said...

So sweet! And yes it'll grow back in no time! He is adorable as usual! I hear Noni is heading out there tomorrow! We will miss her for sure but I am so glad you get to spend some time with her and she gets to love on Isaac! Have fun!

economygeek said...

Somewhere I have a picture of Kevin with LONG, CURLY HAIR. I think the older sisters had even put his hair in pigtails. It was then that Dad sternly told Mother that enough was enough and his son was going to look like a boy-and marched him off to Neil the barber. If I ever find that picture-I will send it to you.