Spankings are called “reminders” in our house. And we have started using “reminders” as a form of discipline only when needed. It has been a good tool, and Isaac has responded well to it. He is a very smart boy and has always been a quick learner, so it hasn’t taken long for him to catch on. More often than not, all he needs is a warning.
Coupled with reminders, we have been teaching him the word “obey” and what that means. He is connecting the dots and growing a respect and listening ear, and it’s so exciting to watch him develop an obedient spirit.
So it was funny when he announced, “I obey oh I mynu!” (“I obey or I get a reminder!”). Haha, and now he even lets us know when he needs a "mynu!"
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment