These days are characterized by an ever-expanding vocabulary, all four eye teeth arriving at once, impressive new climbing skills, and maddening temper tantrums.
We went to his 18-mo appointment yesterday (yes, a month late but oh well.) The report is that Isaac is basically the size of an average 27-month-old! He's in the 100th percentile for height at 35.8 inches tall, in the 50th percentile for weight at 27.8 pounds, and the 75th percentile for his head. He's perfectly healthy and has a strong will and a great set of lungs on him. (I think everyone in the office figured that out as soon as we started stripping him down for the stats.)
In the world of words, Isaac is a virtual parrot these days, repeating us, putting together phrases of his own, and actually responding to questions. Such a smarty-pants! And this wonderful world of verbal communication is AWESOME. I'm just hoping that the screaming fits die down as he continues to figure out that he gets better results when he tells us what he wants by using words rather than VOLUME.
In the world of words, Isaac is a virtual parrot these days, repeating us, putting together phrases of his own, and actually responding to questions. Such a smarty-pants! And this wonderful world of verbal communication is AWESOME. I'm just hoping that the screaming fits die down as he continues to figure out that he gets better results when he tells us what he wants by using words rather than VOLUME.
he has so many facial expressions to display his mood
In the world of climbing, Isaac is getting very adventurous. The time when he was frightened to step from the sidewalk to the grass are long gone! Now he's on to climbing up into his high chair and onto the table... as I discovered a couple of Saturdays ago when I turned around with Isaac's lunch to find him sitting in his high chair all by himself. "When did you learn to do that?" I asked him with surprise. Isaac responded with a wide grin of satisfaction in his newfound skill.
and 100% boy





1 comment:
oh he looks like such a little boy!!! No baby anymore! I can't believe it
Post a Comment