I snapped a quick picture of the familiar view from the freeway as we circled around the NE end of the city.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Memory Lane... Downtown
After Multnomah, we headed downtown to 23rd Street. When reminiscing about our days in Portland, this is the one place that came to mind first.

Java Vivace - the cafe that Kevin and I went to on our first time out alone. We went out to do homework and ended up falling for each other.
They make excellent hazelnut lattes and play live jazz on Saturday nights. Love that place...
This is what we fondly refer to as "our Kinkos." On that night out Kevin and I took a walk down the street and just for fun we went into Kinkos to take copies of our hands. We still have those copies - one of which is framed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
oh what a fun time!!! I meant to email you right when we got home, but things were very busy :) So glad we got to see you guys(except for Isaac...sad) and see some of our old fav places. We had a blast! Wish it could have been a much longer visit. Miss you guys already
I used to get my haircut in the same building as that coffee shop! I love 23rd street. I went to school in PDX for one year before transferring to NAU. My brother and sister-in-law have a home there too ... I love the NW!
I just have to sing to you a little tune...
"Some day when I'm awfully low, when the world is cold, I will feel a glow just thinking of you, and the way you look tonight!"
Aw, Rachel that makes me miss you so much!! :)
Post a Comment