In a nutshell, it's been a busy, fun, relaxing week. My younger brother Caleb got married in Salem, OR on Saturday. It was a beautiful wedding and a really special time with my family. After the wedding, Kevin and I left Isaac with my parents for one night (our first overnight experience away from him, and I think I did pretty good), and met up with some friends in Portland. No responsibilities, no cares in the world, roaming the streets of Portland with college-era energy and bright eyes. It was heavenly. Sunday we walked down memory lane and visited Multnomah, 23rd street, and the Gorge before meeting up with my family for an amazing dinner on the waterfront at McCormick & Schmicks. Now we are in Washington visiting Kevin's family, and so far it's been a lot of fun and relaxing at the same time. I'd love to share my pictures with you, but right now they are all spread out between other people's cameras! So for now, here are some fun pictures from today... We went up to Stanwood to see Karen, Steve, and the girls. Warm Beach is just down the street from their house...

Isaac's first time in the sand... at first he looked at the sand on his hands with a bewildered expression. "What is this stuff??"


Then Daddy came over and showed him a thing or two...

Ooooooohhhhh, I like it!!!

Do you see this stuff, Mom? It's so cool!

And now we're in total examination mode - nothing can deter his attention when he is in this mode. He was so cute as he picked up fistfuls of sand and played with the texture. We only had to keep him from eating rocks and shells a couple of times... hahaha.

Cousin Sarah having a grand ol' time... Miss Too Busy and Mr. Too Absorbed to sit still for a picture.
This. Is. AWESOME!!!
Needless to say, Isaac was MAD when it was time to leave. He was having the time of his life out there. Hmmm.... perhaps a sandbox would be a great birthday present?








1 comment:
I think this is a sign that you need to live near the beach... maybe somewhere that the beach is warm... maybe California where you would be welcomed with open arms :) just throwing that out there
Post a Comment