Friday, August 14, 2009

Who Nose?

I had a lot of fun walking around Wal-mart with Isaac last night. He’s just so stinkin’ cute! I want to squeeze him most of the time… but I realize that I need to loosen my grip so that he can play or something. Well, we were both in such a great mood, smiling and laughing with each other. As we walked along, Isaac proceeded to put his finger up his nose. I laughed because he was being silly, and once he found that it made me laugh, he did it again… and then again. By the third time I took his finger out and told him not to do that because I was afraid he was going to scratch himself (he really needs a manicure at A-La-Mommy Salon, but the owner has been on vacation or something).

Anyway, he raised his finger once again and this time pointed at his little nose. I said, “That’s right, that’s your NOSE.” I pointed at my nose and showed him mine, saying, “NOSE.” He liked that and smiled contentedly.

A couple of minutes later, just for fun I asked him, “Hey, Isaac, where’s your NOSE?” And as if he had always known this, he pointed at his cute little nose with a grin from ear to ear. I was so surprised! What an astute little boy!! I immediately looked around, beaming with momma pride, to see if anyone else had seen this wonderful breakthrough. (Isaac's Noni was in the grocery section at the time, and I needed a witness!) Haha, who knew something so little could make a mommy feel so proud!!! Isaac knows where his nose is!! I immediately sped up to find Mom to show her our little smarty.


Later in the tub, Isaac patted his stomach, and I responded with, “Yes, that’s your STOMACH, your TUMMY.” After a couple of rounds with that, I asked him, “Hey, Isaac, where’s your TUMMY?” And he patted his stomach, again with that huge grin!

Yeah, I know, my kid is awesome… It is so FUN to watch him grow!!

No comments: