Friday, April 18, 2008

I got "Tagged"

I got tagged by Carrie, so here goes...

What was I doing ten years ago?
This time of year ten years ago I was finishing up my junior year of high school and looking forward to summer break. That summer was AWESOME – hanging out every day with Erica and Chris Taylor (C.T.). We went to the movies, the beach, cruised around town, went shopping, had multiple sleepovers (just Erica and I. No boys allowed, C.T.). Yep, fun carefree times!

Five Things on Tomorrow’s To-Do List:
Well, tomorrow’s a Saturday, so hooray for weekends!
1. Have Heather and Amanda over for lunch and hang out (mmm, sub sandwiches)
2. Relax
3. Go to church - since Kevin works Sunday ... again :(
4. Krista’s birthday party at Skateland… although I won’t be doing any skating. I’ll comfort the fallen, I suppose.
5. Have fun

Five Snacks I Enjoy:
These are five things I have LOVED (some newfound, some deepened relationships) since getting pregnant.
1. Frozen yogurt
2. Cereal (I know it’s breakfast, but it’s been my go-to snack too!)
3. Fruit – bananas, green apples, grapes … pineapple!
4. French Fries
5. Yogurt

Five Things I Would Do If I Became a Billionaire:
1. Pay off all of our debt and invest a chunk for our kids and retirement
2. Buy a nice house for Kevin’s parents, and repay my parents for their many generosities over the years
3. Travel around the world – beginning with Italy!
4. Let Kevin have some play money in there somewhere… ;)
5. Give some to our missionary friends and our church

Five Bad Habits
1. I’m a piler too, Carrie! Clutter clutter clutter. Drives me nuts, but somehow it’s always there.
2. Lead Foot: Always in a hurry to get to my destination. Kevin constantly tells me to slow down and enjoy the ride! Most of the time I just let him drive because he's good at that. I just can't rest until I'm there... Maybe having a kid will slow me down. Then I'll give all the speeders dirty looks as they whiz by my precious cargo.
3. My dentist is the only one that sees this … I have a nervous habit to bite my cheek! Gross, I know, but I can’t kick it.
4. Procrastination … or can we just call it being busy?? ;)
5. According to Kevin I move his stuff around and he can never find things (it's called organizing)

Five Places I’ve Lived:
1. Wahiawa, HI - fun place to grow up and swimming at "our beach" Waimea Bay
2. Renton, WA - wearing sweaters for a change and Sunday drives & camping with the fam
3. Yakima, WA - cruisin' with Rachel Peters and playing h.s. volleyball

4. Simi Valley, CA - girl bonding with Erica over girl drama and lovin' being a "CA girl"
5. Portland, OR - college days and meeting the love of my life

Five Jobs I’ve Had:
1. Kitchen Crew (in college)
2. Solid Rock CafĂ© barista (most fun job I’ve ever had! Socialize, make coffee, and taste test the cookies to make sure they’re okay for the general public)
3. Preschool Teacher’s Assistant (cute kids, but learned quick it’s not my calling)
4. Service Representative for Hospital Admission at Adventist Medical Center in Portland
5. Human Resources Manager

TAG, YOU'RE IT! Krysten, Cheryl, and Christy

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I didn't know you were a coffee maker too?!! Ben worked at Starbucks right when we got married! I LOVE PILERS!!!!