Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 2: Savannah

On Saturday we went to Savannah. We walked along River Street a little bit and then through the many garden squares. It was so beautiful and historic, I loved seeing all of the classic American homes and horse-drawn carriages. Here are some pictures from the day....




River Street

Anna & Caleb



Playing at one of the many water fountains



Beautiful Mom

Dad & Caleb

Mom & Anna

Daddy & Son

We went to this old cemetery, dating back to the days before even the Civil War. Peaceful and serene with the moss-covered trees and stately headstones.

Dad told us that during the Civil War Union soldiers actually desecrated some of the graves, so these are just a few of a number of headstones lining the far wall of the cemetery. They were separated from their gravesites, and it's intriguing to ponder their names. I wondered about what kinds of people they were and what their lives were like.

Isaac enjoyed wandering around the cemetery. I know it sounds kind of morbid, but being there with Isaac just made me think about how much I love our life and all of the things we have to look forward to.

Sweet Isaac got so tuckered out. It was so humid that day!

On our way back home we drove through a nature preserve hoping to catch up with some alligators, and we did! Don't let the distance fool you, this one was a big guy!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks gorgeous! What a fun trip!

alan & krysten said...

I love to see all your pictures!!!and I love to see you there in them too :)

Kevin and Erica said...

great pics Rach! I really want to go visit your parents now. Maybe in the future your fam & mine can take a road trip out there. Or maybe just you and me :) that would be really fun!