Monday, September 28, 2009

Lately...

We've just been hanging out....

... eating snacks and growing a bunch...

... double fisting it with juice and strawberry milk...

... so he can get big and strong like Daddy, of course ...

... and laughing together... he's such a goof.

... and graduating from the baby nursery to the Discovery Cove nursery for "confident walkers." Isaac looooovvvves it in there. He gives us a good show of tears as we leave, of course. But we've been told that as soon as we're gone, he's on the go and playing with all the toys.

And the biggest news of all from the weekend.... For the first time, Isaac told me what he wanted by communicating to me with words rather than screams or cries!! Although others might think this is rather inconsequential, I considered it to be VERY EXCITING!! It happened at church yesterday as I gathered Isaac from Discovery Cove. I was carrying him as I walked back to meet up with Kevin and our friends. Isaac started to squirm (meaning he wanted down), but instead of crying, he said, “WALK! WALK!!” It was so COOL!! I stopped and responded, “You want to walk, Isaac? Okay, here you go.” As soon as I put him down, he took off. He was happy, and I was gloating. Did anyone hear that?? How satisfying it is that he is beginning to “use his words” to communicate!

1 comment:

southsoundfamilycounseling said...

i am so right there with you!!! kenna is saying so many words and it is amazing when they can actually tell you what they want or need rather than just fuss! this is a huge step and such a relief! he is such a cute little boy and i can't believe how fast he is growing!!!