Have you seen the movie Fireproof? If you have, what did you think? If you haven’t, I couldn’t be more adamant that you see this movie! It is another great film made by Sherwood Baptist Church (creators of Facing the Giants and Flywheel). Kevin and I watched it last weekend, and we were both deeply touched. We are not struggling in our marriage (thanks to the Lord), but we see the potential for a dangerous slippery slope since having Isaac. We have to be much more intentional about spending time together and continuing to pursue each other and building our marriage. We now see how easy it really is to center everything around the kids and lose sight of each other in the process!
It dawned on us just the other day that our FIFTH wedding anniversary is just around the corner! Our marriage has been blessed beyond words, and we are more in love today than we were on our wedding day. However, it’s so easy to fall into a rut and get complacent. The great storyline of this movie has compelled us to never give up on learning about each other and staying vigilant with the Lord about guarding our relationship against sneaky attacks by the enemy (called “parasites” in the movie).
I cannot say it enough – this is such an excellent and praiseworthy film. It is such a great love story!! You must see it!!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
i second that! :)
we haven't seen it yet. It is top on our netflix list, but we did get the Fireproof 'Love Dare' book. Some friends of ours are going through it and highly recommended it, for any point in marriage. It looks scary in the best way possible (if you know what I mean) :) We planned to start it Vday weekend, but I got really sick - so maybe soon
We saw it last weekend for Valentine's Day. The kids watched it with us and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. I do highly recommend it as well as their other movies. We are doing the "Love Dare" book as well to give our marriage a little tune-up. It is harder on some days than you would think....but great at the same time. Some days are like "duh". LOL
Kevin and I watched it when it was out in theatres. We loved the message and there were a lot of funny stuff. Kevin says the firefighter stuff is unrealistic but that's coming from a firefighter of course, so he's a little more critical.
We've been talking about renting it to see it again, cause it is such an excellent movie. I'm glad you guys liked it too.
Derrick and I watched it on Valentines day. We really enjoyed it as well. Very encouraging and uplifting. I would like to get the "Love Dare" book... The acting etc. was definitely not the best I've seen but its still a must see.
Post a Comment