Saturday, February 28, 2009

First Little Chomper and No Gagging

It's just peeking through the gums yet, but Isaac's first little chomper has arrived on the scene! He has hardly fussed at all, which fits his happy-go-lucky personality. For the past couple of months he has drooled and chewed incessantly, so we knew it was just a matter of time. Sure enough, his lower right front tooth is now showing its so far translucent and tiny head.


Of course you can be sure I'll be posting a picture as soon as it's actually visible to the camera. For now... here is another story.

Now that Isaac is over his bronchitis, we attempted the rice cereal again. I know every child is different, so we're not supposed to compare to other babies too much, but I have been feeling like Isaac is behind in the subject of eating baby food. While other babies around his age I know are chowing down on things like squash and carrots, our little guy is as content as ever with his familiar bottle.

Well, as of today's lunchtime, I feel a sense of accomplishment and pride as Isaac took on another round of rice cereal and finished the whole two-tablespoon serving! This time we mixed it with apple juice, which proved to be a success. He loved it and by the end was actually opening his mouth for more!




Getting started with the spoon


Not so sure about this... Isaac was a little tentative at first since the last foreign thing we fed him was his yucky bronchitis medicine.



Okay, this is different... but not bad....

All done! That was actually pretty yummy!


2 comments:

economygeek said...

Neither of mine liked the rice cereal. I started Sarah out on applesauce because it was handy and tasted better than cereal. Yum! By the second kid you tend to know which "rules" the doctors and experts make up that you (and other moms) realize is bunk. The first kid is ALWAYS the test kid. (Although that doesn't explain Brian and Kevin...)

Erica said...

I cant believe how old he is looking! Such a handsome little guy.