I'm sorry I've been a little AWOL for the past week. I guess there was just nothing new or exciting to report (and I've been a little cranky and introverted)! But a lot of you have been waiting in anticipation, and I certainly appreciate your care and concern. I'm blessed to have so many eager friends checking in on me.
My due date came and went yesterday, and Isaac has not made his arrival yet. After my appointment this morning, we learned that I don't seem to have progressed too much since last week, still 90% effaced and maybe close to 3 cm, and somewhere between -2 and -1 station. So.... at my request I've been put on the induction list! This means that the office will call sometime between 3 and 5pm for the next day's availability, which is based on available beds. So I could get in as early as tomorrow (but I don't want to get my hopes up for that).
My mom is here now, which has been really nice. Kevin and Mom are real troopers... I have to confess that I haven't really been the most pleasant person to be around! But I'm working on my attitude and God has been helping me be little more patient. It's been tough.
Well, I guess that's it! If you think of it, please pray for little Isaac to come soon. I'd prefer that he come on his own, but I'm getting pretty desperate for induction at this point. And please pray for my attitude... I do want to be a pleasant and positive person to be with, especially since Kevin and Mom have been so good to me. Also I don't want to look back on these last days before Isaac and regret my attitude and/or wish I could have done things differently.
Thanks again for all of your attention and care. I am really thankful for all of your encouragement and prayers. I have great friends! :)
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I saw Autumn and Jamie at Old Navy yesterday and asked about you! We'll keep praying for a speedy arrival! Don't worry ... once you see his sweet face ... you'll be the happiest person on earth!
We are praying for you and love you so much!! I know how you feel. Hunter came late. You will have Isaac so very soon....I just know it! I am so glad you get to have your mom there with you to share in this wonderful time. My mom was there when Jordan was born and I am SO glad she was. May the Lord's blessing be upon you and little Isaac (Kevin too!).~~ Amy
Oh, one more thing. Seth would want me to say "we can't wait to have another nephew really soon!" I told him to call twice today and he said for me to be patient...that baby will get here when he gets here. I don't know where he got that burst of patience!! ha ha! Anyway, drink lots of water---I don't know....my momma instincts kicking in. :) love ya girl!
P.S. read our blog--very amusing.
~~Amy
Natalie was 8 days late...I was FINALLY induced at 41 weeks. I know what it's like to go to sleep every night thinking it could happen...but then wake up in the morning and it's a new day...and nothing has happened yet.
Hang in there...it's ALMOST over.
Praying that Isaac comes SOON!
Post a Comment