Thursday, February 28, 2008

Boy or Girl????

Today was an exciting day - We had our first ultrasound! I'll post the pictures tomorrow once I get them scanned in, but here's the fun story...


Baby was busy squirming around all day long. Must have been one of those days in there... well, I love feeling Baby move, but I was just hoping that Baby wouldn't get tired and decide that 3:30 would be a good time for a nap!


Luckily, Baby was still moving around just fine as we gazed at that adorable face pictured on the monitor. Well, moving around at first, that is. Baby was facing outward, which was perfect. We could clearly see the face and all the essential body parts... arms and legs, hands and feet (even fingers and toes!), and we watched the strong heartbeat. It was amazing! Kevin and I were just at awe at this little person developing inside of me. It is a miracle, and it brought me to tears. I am in love already, and I haven't even met Baby face to face yet!


Now to the good part... it was time for the tech to try to figure out the gender. And wouldn't you know that Kevin's child decided this would be a good time to relax and take a rest. What? Oh, and it gets better... as the tech searched, she discovered that not only were Baby's legs comfortably crossed, Baby was also straddling the umbilical cord! She said, "It looks like Baby is comfortable, shy, ..." Or stubborn!


So in an effort to get Baby to move around a bit more, the tech proceeded to prod with the wand to shake Baby up and hopefully get the umbilical cord out of the way. It worked a little, and Baby started to move (probably in annoyance). After some time, the tech found an angle that could work. The cord was still in the way, but it had moved slightly. The tech studied the screen further and said, "From what I can see here, I am going to say that it appears to be a BOY." She pointed out the umbilical cord and then the male parts. We could see it once she pointed it all out, although it was still a little fuzzy.


After a little bit more prodding to see if we could try again, Baby decided he had had enough poking and prodding. After all this time facing us, he turned completely around and put his back to us as if to say, "Show's over. I want to relax now!" I guess he was letting his actions speak for him! Oh BOY!!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Congrats on a Baby Boy! We like boys in the Bost house! Hope you have a much easier time than we did choosing a name :)

Kevin and Rachel said...

Thanks! We are excited to welcome a little boy into the family... and Kevin is especially happy to start leveling the playing field with this little one's 4 girl cousins.
Yet talk about pressure... naming a person cannot be taken lightly! We shall see how it goes. :)

Rachel

Reed & Christine Baker said...

Congrats! Whatever you do, don't let Kevin pick Clyde or Drexler as the name of the child.

Hopefully our little buddy will be more cooperative when we go in a couple of weeks. Christine and I will continue to pray for you two.

Eric, Ann and... said...

Isn't the sight of that little baby just beautiful? I am so happy you got to see your precious baby...and that HE finally decided to cooperate! Can't wait till it's our turn...Now for decorating, I know you can hardly contain yourself!